Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Honesty.

This is the latest I've ever put up my tree, and it's not even done. I cant seem to catch up since Thanksgiving. I have this little "Christmas Corner" that feels kind of pitiful..

I feel like I'm bursting with energy to really dig in and make this house "Ours" and yet it seems like its in a constant state of chaos lately..







And have I mentioned Axel cries.. A LOT. SO I dont get to do all the things I would like. Somedays things get done with a crying baby in the background. Somedays having two little kids really kicks my butt.

Then this sweet face shows up and things arent so bad.
Axel and I haven't quite found our groove yet, but I'm so happy he is here I get choked up just thinking about life without him. He has truly filled a very empty spot in my heart that has been aching for another little boy. I cant tell you how lovely it is to have a baby boy this time of year to hold in my arms, when three years ago I was dying to hold my first son who was too far away in the NICU.

So even though I may not feel so comfortable in my body at the moment, or the clutter of my house is making my hair stand on its end... I can take comfort in the joy that I dont get to take any of these things to heaven. Honestly the only things I get to take to heaven with me are my boys, and isnt that really the only thing that matters?
~ remind me of this tomorrow when they are both screaming and I'm opening up my own Ebay account to see how much two fussy boys go for these days :)

Hope your holidays are joyful and remember to slow down and enjoy the little things, because it all goes by too fast.

5 comments:

T. L. Cole said...

Nat, I'm already feeling overwhelmed with Cole inside, I can't imagine two outside : )

I know what you mean on X-mas decor. Mine has been sitting in the living room waiting to be put up for two weeks! lol Maybe it will all be up by Christmas.

We just love your boys and am so glad you have them to love on, especially right now.

Maybe once Cole is here we can swap entertaining boys while the other takes time to get stuff done : )

Love ya girl!

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh! I'm laughing and tearing up at the same time! I feel so blessed to have gotten to know you and to be able to hear your faithful perspective. This is exactly what I needed to hear now that we're trying for baby #2! MWAH!

onawa said...

You're a wonderful mama... and a GORGEOUS one at that!!! Love you.... great post!

Sunny said...

Oh girl... I can only imagine the whirlwind of emotion. And, we only have one little man- but our house pure chaos. Of course, it was like that before his arrival, ahem... :)
I love you guys and your sweet little Christmas corner!

Anonymous said...

We Love you all Dearly