Monday, April 7, 2008

35 weeks - Medieval Fair!

Saturday morning was my baby shower. I dont have any pictures yet, but Jean, Deanna, Natasha and Aunti Shan took plenty! So I will post those later...

Saturday afternoon was the Medieval Fair!! Here we are watching the Sword Fighting.



When we got there we headed to the Joust. Gabriel liked watching the horses once they FINALLY came out. The announcer was a bit long winded. Mat was smart enough to remember to bring a folding chair for me so I was able to whip that out when we had a break and rest my bones.

We cruised around a bit, and I waited in the crazy line for the bathroom.. there was a sweet lady next to me (there was about 8 lines for the 8 pottys) She said very empathetically "oh you poor thing!" and I said well I figured there would be a line so I timed it so its not an emergency yet.." We chatted for a few minutes, and I couldnt stop smiling.. she had a lovely face, no make-up and LONG dark hair, and a young boy running around her ankles, Shorts and a tank top, and she had a she had a big sling that I'm sure she carried him on her hip with..and VERY unshaven legs.. and I couldnt stop smiling because I thought "you are so cute and Very VERMONT" hehe.

We were also on a mission to find a sword for Gabriel.. I knew Mat wanted to get him one, but we wanted to find the right size and age appropriate one.. after a while we finally did. Mat bought him two swords and Shea bought him two sheilds and boy were they a HIT!! We were making our way to the exit and we saw they had some sword fights going on, so we parked the strollers and I parked my butt in my seat and watched.

Here is a video of Gabriel watching them with his sword...



Is it me or could the "Ref" pass as Paw-Paw's brother? maybe twin? (click on the pic to enlarge)

2 comments:

onawa said...

We were so totally bummed we couldn't come with you. It was quite a rough weekend for us with E being ill. You should see the dark circles under my eyes today. If I could just get like 8 straight hours of sleep ..... it would be like a 5 day vacation. oh man!

Ya-ya + Paw-paw said...

Well he would be The Taller Brother I haven't had a haircut in 12 weeks and although my hair isn't quite that long It's getting there... but I go see Marcia, Thursday after work to get presentable for Kenron's arrival....