Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Kenron is sick...

Well we made our first trip to the ER...
K is fine, we are fine, but sunday night was yucky. K had been acting funny since friday afternoon and had developed a runny nose Sat. and He really had a hard time breathing when he laid down, coughing and gagging, so we were all up most of the night.. Thank God for Mat... I was spent! He piled up some pillows and slept sitting up with Kenron on his chest from about 11-4am... then I took over. When K woke up at 8 I was REALLY awake.. so I took a hot shower and set up K in his seat so the steam might help break up his congestion. And since I was up why not go to church? So we went, and we were late.. the Lindens even beat us! haha.

Sunday we were trying to figure out if we could give Kenron anything that might help.. I emailed the doctor but I didnt expect him to respond till monday morn. So we didnt know if we could give him anything but his stuffy nose was keeping him from breastfeeding and sleeping well. About midnight K started doing this AWFUL cough and I was on the verge of a meltdown. I was trying to keep it together but I was freaking out inside.. not because of K but because of Isaac. You know the last time we had to make a trip to the hospital in the middle of the night Isaac was dying. So I was trying to reassure myself this was not the same thing.. He was just having trouble breathing...and the dr's will know what to do.. So Mat was wonderful and was reassuring me AND Kenron that it would be ok :)

This is what our room looked like the next morning... you see my purse...and the humidifier...and the swing...we were trying everything to help poor K.

The ER was surprisingly great. The nurses were so sweet, the dr was great, the ex-ray lady was a crabby old bird but Kenron smiled at everyone. He even managed to smile after the first nurse took his temp (over 100) in his bum. What a goof. He is such a happy baby... however he has started really protesting life in general since his stuffy nose has taken over.. Here is a little sample..


This was tuesday, he's pretty pathetic, but his little expressions he makes crack me up!


So we survived, it was our first visit but I'M SURE it wont be our last.. he is a boy, and he is a Tremblay.. they are trouble makers you know...I'm sure a broken bone and some stitches are in our future :)

1 comment:

onawa said...

OH MY GOODNESS WHAT?!##!!>>??? YOU should have called us missy!! I totally understand why you went to ER though and were so freaked out! The first time e was sick was super scary too. 104 temp and not knowing what to do.... you know you can always call your pediatricians emergency line which should go to childrens hospital on call. They always call right back! Just FYI. From now on call us!!! You poor mom!!! Glad he's doing better!! LOVE YOU GUYS!