Monday, November 16, 2009

Eat your heart out Martha Stewart...

Ok so a few years ago when my college friends threw me a bridal shower I got recipes from them, and I requested a specific cookie recipe from my friend Sunny.

To my delight she was more than gracious enough to share it with me. The secret is one of the ingredients is a package of instant pudding.

Now if you looked in the baking isle lately you will see that Jello has a "seasonal pumpkin spice" pudding out at the moment. When I saw this I was INSTANTLY inspired to make some cookies.

SO, I tried it out - using the pudding, adding pumpkin puree, a few more spices, and replacing butterscotch chips for some of the chocolate chips...

And Holy smokes are they GOOD!! - So good infact that I decided to share them for a bake sale our friends from church were having.

I got little baggies and tags and put it all together..

Two cookies per bag, and a little golden leaf

I think I should start a bakery dont you?

These cookies were a HUGE HIT!! I was so very UN-humble when it came to taking credit and let everyone know how proud I was that it was MY recipe I made up. Really I owe it all to Sunny's generosity.

So thanks Sunny, you are truly the BEST!

2 comments:

ann said...

Yes I bought those. :) YUM!

Sunny said...

Oh my goodness- I am so behind in Tremblay land! What a great idea- now I'm going to have to whup a batch. I even have pumpkin and butterscotch chips...yummm!