Friday, January 4, 2008

I smelt my own FART!



oh yes.. this week was a crazy one.

First off most of you know I cant smell. Occasionally I have what I describe as "my nose suddenly turns on for a moment". Well lately and VERY specifically this week I have been able to smell a few things more often. For instance.. Mat was brushing his teeth, and I walked by the bathroom and instantly I could smell mint! I realized it was from Mat.. COOL!.. well this smelling this isnt all its cracked up to be. I was cooking and freaked a little when I kept smelling something that was "weird" and I asked Mat to come in and smell everything... he said did you turn on the gas burner? and I said yes.. he said I just smell a little left over gas.. its normal. Yikes.. and then last night.. I had gone to the gym earlier that day and realized i hadnt stretched and my legs were starting to cinch up on me.. so I was on the living room floor stretching like a good pregnant lady.. and yes like a pregnant lady I had to pass my gas.. lately there isnt much room for anything but my guts and Kenron. It took me a split second.. and I thought to myself, "gosh I'm smelling gas again... no wait this is like rancid gas... what the heck am I smelling?" ... "oh my gosh I just farted..." "I SMELT MY OWN FART!".. (mat from the other room) WHAT? .. "I SMELT MY OWN FART!!" ... no reaction .. hehehehehehe

I appologize to any and all who have had to suffer my stink. I only feel like I should appologize because 99% of the time I cant smell yours.

The other lovely part of this week was a melt-down. I had a total complete mental/emotional melt down. I knew it would happen, it happened last time, but this time I felt guilty about it because I felt like I had nothing to be worried about. But that day I did. It was Mat's last day of vacation, and to me it felt like the LAST DAY EVER I WOULD HAVE MAT WITHOUT A BABY... so I tried to see if he wanted to do something.. go to a movie.. rent a movie.. go out to lunch? nothing.. well that was a the straw that broke the camels back.. I was crying, but i was mad because I "thought" mat was being a jerk.. (he wasnt by the way)... and then I was crying uncontrolably.. I couldnt stop. and suddenly I realized what was wrong. I had been trying SO HARD not to feel overwhelmed with having a baby.. but I was. I mean in my mind I should be elated.. OVERJOYED that this baby was coming right? I mean I just lost two.. and only one is here.. thats not a big deal.. right? well no its not a big deal.. but when I felt guilty for feeling a little overwhelmed I've been swallowing it and not dealing with it.. well like I said there isnt much room for anything inside except me and Kenron so out came the emotions. Mat came in the room and hugged me for a while.. and let me just tell him all the things I was feeling.. and I told him I wasnt mad at him.. just having a bad day. Then he said the most loving thing... " I think your normal" :) hehe.

So that was fine.. I'm ok now and I'm sure I will still have moments of being scared.. but like Mat said, (and I already knew) its normal to be scared. I'm just not going to feel guilty about it anymore.

Ok so despite all that, there has been a wonderful silver lining to the end of this week:

AWESOME.

6 comments:

Ya-ya + Paw-paw said...

Now That's Funny!

Yea for Beards!

Paw-paw

Ya-ya + Paw-paw said...

Oh and you ARE your Grandmother's grand daughter...LOL

We LOVE YOU and MAT!!!

Carrie said...

Okay, I just peed myself a little while reading that (thank you childbirth)!!

onawa said...

you are cracking me up Natalie! See sometimes smelling your own farts can be quite rewarding! Love it! You're going to love being a momma!!!

Melissa Osborn said...

Oh, my....is there really a comment for this?

LY

T. L. Cole said...

This made me smile...then laugh out loud : )

I hope freking out is normal. I'm getting a little freaked and we're not even pregnant yet! I just realized that Jer turns 30 in 18mo. and we might want to start thinking about it sometime, soon. Yikes!