Friday, October 26, 2007

Its the MOST wonderful time of the year....

OH MAN!!! can you believe this weather we are having!! I literally almost cried I was so happy yesterday when I was outside. I keep opening the windows and putting on a sweatshirt and just sitting around like some smiling idiot...

I finally FINALLY am starting to feel like myself. its taken a while. BUT holy smokes what a time to come back to life!! I'm telling you you'd think I was on drugs.. haha (thats not how I feel normally) its just this weather! I'm serious. I'm cooking again, I'm creating again.. PS thank you tiffany for asking me to sew some things... That inspired me to make a bumper for the baby cradle I have. (it was mine when i was a baby) I have (literally) an entire year of creativity bottled up and its trying to explode out! I have decided (against my better judgement)
to make a bumper using a "paper piecing" pattern and thats just the blocks.. I dont even have a pattern for the bumper itself.

on a side note: I was telling mat how excited I was about making the bumper for the cradle.. and he said I dont know what your talking about.. and I said you know the cradle in the bedroom? he said I know the cradle I dont know what a bumper is...hehe then of course he proceeded to try and convince me to use the one from the crib.. and I had to make my case that that would look rediculous, AND frankly I just wanted a project... at the end of all of it, he said well we can get you a new sewing machine if you think you'll use it.. WHAT A DEAL! What a good husband I have

Ok where was I? oh yeah the bumper.. ok I'm doing paper piecing.. AND I have decided that in the larger spaces of fabric I would like to do some Aplique pieces.. hehe anyone who actually knows what I'm talking about is saying.. better get that done before the baby is here... its a lot of work but I'm really excited about it right now.. (I'll let you know later if I'm still happy about it :))

Did I mention I am WAY behind in scrapbooking? ok lets see I am currently up to July of 05.. I think I'm going to try and just keep my scrapbook stuff out on the weekends and hopefully tues/thurs and try and get some stuff done. I'm getting a lot done and the all night scrapbook night have been awesome for me to finish stuff! I've got a lot done on the boys scrapbook, but I'm upto the point where everyone is alive... the next page is David after surgery.. dying in our arms.. I'm not ready to scrap that yet. I dont think anyone would blame me.. what I would like to do though is write down memories and things that I'm already realizing I've forgot so whenever I do decide to work on the book that its all there..

I also changed my too small clothes out for my maternity stuff! That was like Christmas! I got two boxes of clothes from auntie kelly and I'm so SO thankful her pants fit.. cause thats what I needed more of.. plus brin had given me some stuff that she never used.. needless to say I've also been doing a TON of laundry this week. hehe .. my stupid sensitive skin.. I have to use the no perfume no dye detergent or else I'm itchy.

my goodness this is a long post.. arent they always? hehe

ok well here are some pictures of our house..


MY new amoire


MAT's new tv :) we're movin' up in the world


I took this hoping you could see our new wall color better.. its like a slate/green/blue/grey...that I LOVE! good bye yellow!


Here's our little pumpkin patch!


Our ants found the weakest link..poor little pumpkin :)


This statue is SO not me.. but I cant get rid of it..


Our front door


My decorations I arranged myself! That is aunti cindy's bowl that we got for our wedding holding everything :)


our dining room

No comments: