Tuesday, November 13, 2007

SECOND TRIMESTER!

is starting off quite boring...



I went to the doctor today and I didnt even have an ultrasound.. they just weighed me, checked my blood pressure, I got to hear the heart beat, and talked to the doctor and left. SHEESH! and then I had my next appt for December (in 4 weeks)and Dr Mirabile decided that I should have one in between.. so I'm going again in two weeks ... to get weighed, checked, and talked to. bummer. I secretly thought of saying I was nervous about the baby so they would give me an ultrasound but I thought better of it. :)

I do have a weird cough. I'm inclined to believe its allergies which is new for me. At home (VT) my allergies were synonomous with runny noses. I feel fine except for this dumb cough, and its more of a tickle cough than a sore throat cough. So anyway Dr. M gave me a Rx if I dont feel better in the next couple days to fill.

Well I did accomplish one thing this weekend! my first block for the baby cradle bumper. Paper piecing is so backwards.. so it took me a few minutes to get my mind wrapped around it.. I was actually making it harder than it is. (surprise) So here is is.




also on a wonderfully good note: this Wed. is Thanksgiving Dinner at church! Wahoo! Dont you love thanksgiving food? Mat had a funny revelation on the way to church on sunday.. he said (very seriously) "you know I dont think I eat as much at thanksgiving anymore...." I said "Oh yeah?" "He said no i dont really remember eating hardly anything last year, or the year before.. its not that I dont like the food its just.. I cant eat as much as I used to." hehe then we had a discussion about stuffing. cornbread vs plain, boxed vs. homemade... I personally didnt like Becky's (Mat's moms stuffing) But Mat assured me that some years it was awesome and some years it just missed the mark. My auntie Cindy used to make some kind of stuffing.. oh wait maybe aunti kim.. (somebody help me out) ok ok, it was grammie.. hehe made oyster stuffing.. that was always pretty good.. auntie Cindy made (Dad emailed me..)stuffing with Orange juice to make it sweet and bacon on top, yum!. My favorite is mashed potatos and Green Bean Casserole...Yum, now I'm hungry.

Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

mellee said...

I'm not a big fan of stuffing but I just might like it with OJ and bacon.

I'm bummed out that you didn't get to see your "little one" yesterday. I hope they do an ultrasound next time.

Ford Family said...

Natalie, Mom said the Orange Nut Stuffing recipe orig. came from Nana but she doesnt know where Nana got it from. It is a holiday must in our house...I make it for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter!

Melissa Osborn said...

I offically hate your husband. "I just can't eat as much any more..." Bleh...Who talks like that. He's not normal, Nat.