Monday, August 11, 2008

My Birthday..

For my birthday I decided I wanted to go to the art exibit that was at the OKC museum of art. Its Roman art from the Louvre. I wanted to go, but I think it was more the imaginary guilt I felt from my professor's in Searcy that made me go :) I knew it was important historic art and there was no reason for me to not go. So we went.

Saturday we got out and about after lunch and got to the museum. We were a little bummed because there wasn't any Audio Tour things left, but it ended up we didnt need them because they are online if you REALLY wanted to know. http://okcmoa.com/romanartfromthelouvre/

Three things happened there that were worth blogging about. Not because they were so cool/facinating/or intellectual.. nope, worth telling you about because it made me and Mat laugh out loud. First.. I felt a little bad about bringing a baby to the museum, you know how they are... quiet and filled with pretentious people pretending to be intellectual.. and here is sweet Kenron babbling away and its echoing REALLY loud.. finally Mat is holding him and we are making our way through the first room, it was PACKED with people.. so you are almost standing in line to see the peices.. Mat moves on to the next room and I jump infront of one last statue to read what it said.. it was a HUGE statue (8') of Ceasar Augustus... well I had to "pass gas" so I thought I would let it eek out.. oh no.. not in the museum it had to come out as one of those loud blast type of farts that echoed in the silent pretentious room.. I froze, and didnt let on that it was me.. remember it was packed in there :) I hoped the old lady next to me might be blamed...I casually made my way to the next room...

Second, we are in the next room and I go to the left .. well there is this man who is trying to jump infront of the stroller so I let him... but he takes his dear sweet time reading the statues little blurb in the corner. So I get to see the statue long before I read about it... its a young man standing.. sort of like this...

minus the beard and hair... now take a look at the picture... ok this is what the little blurb said (I'm paraphrasing) "This is a typical young roman, The identity is unknown because of the lack of distinguishing features...." I almost choked on my laughter..because the way the statue is sitting on the wall.. his crotch is at eye level.. and THAT distinguishing feature is CLEARLY missing.. I turned into a 12 year old boy and couldnt stop laughing...

Then as I'm making my way over to tell Mat about my very mature actions... I am pushing the stroller over to him and almost bump into this lady.. so I grab the side of the stroller to move it towards Mat and I hit the little toy on Kenron's seat and the music starts playing.. Loudly.. in the quiet pretentious room... I wanted to melt into the floor and disapear.

We had way more fun in the exibits upstairs.. they were all modern art and it wasnt so quiet..and formal. We decided to go to the Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner and I got to get a HUGE piece of chocolate cake that I finished off myself.. and it was DELICIOUS. It was fun to spend the day with my guys for my birthday.

No comments: